Monday, November 7

The Brother of the First DeMolay

Many of us are familiar with the First DeMolay in the World, none other than Louis Lower. It is because of Brother Louis that Dad Frank Land got so inspired he felt there's a need to create a boy's club that would be fit for boys just like Brother Louis. A boy and a man who started the Order of DeMolay.

I guess some of you might not know that Brother Louis has a younger brother, a young kid who was with Brother Louis all the time and even was a mascot of the DeMolay Baseball Team.

His name, Elmer W. Lower, a successful broadcaster, journalist and educator. He was a DeMolay. Here is a video made by a colleague when he was asked to do biographical video presentation for the 90th birthday of Brother Elmer. With this video I hope we will all be inspired by his success, leadership and dedication to his field and in life.


Video by: Dale Cressman on Vimeo.

Brother Lower was initiated into Mother Chapter in Kansas City, Missouri, in 1929. Lower is a Legion of Honor recipient. Lower was inducted into the DeMolay Hall of Fame on May 1, 1988.

“The DeMolay movement was important to me from the date it was founded. It made a strong contribution to my character at a very formative period of my life. It showed me that I could set and achieve a high standard of ethics and morals, although at the time I doubt that I ever used those words.”

Brother Elmer Lower was born on March 7, 1913 and joined our Creator on July 26, 2011. He died at the age of 98. 


Source:  DeMolay International - www.demolay.org
             Wikipedia - www.wikepedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment